So, yesterday at Stop & Shop I bought everything for deluxe chicken burgers.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 4 "Miami onion" rolls (they were like challah/egg bread inside, with onions and poppy seeds rolled in the outside of the dough)
- Finely chopped onion* and peppers, about 1/2 cup
- Special sauce: Mayo, Ketchup, Sweet Relish
- Thick slices of Boar's Head cheddar cheese (1 per burger)
- Ripe tomato slices (yay, the tomatoes on the vine were on sale!)
- Thin slices of onion*
- Salt and pepper
Combine meat and chopped pepper-onion mix. Divide into 4 and place on Foreman grill at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.
Toast rolls, and butter them.
Make Special Sauce: Mix about equal parts mayo and ketchup in a small dish. Add relish if desired. Layer sauce on the top half of each toasted bun.
When meat is cooked, place burgers on buns and immediately add cheese if desired.
Add thin-sliced onion, tomato, and salt and pepper. Top with special-sauced bun tops.
I also made Sweet Potato fries but didn't look up a recipe, so they were good if somewhat soggy.