Guy adds a slice of prosciutto to his, inside the wonton and wrapped around the cheese, but we left that out -- and they're still awesome. So awesome, I've had them for dinner, for lunch, and for breakfast. And I can't wait to have a party to make tons more. And I'll try to get a picture, too.
- Panko bread crumbs
- Regular bread crumbs (Guy used Italian but we used plain because that's what we already had)
- Mozzarella sticks (or block of mozz.)
- Wonton wrappers (hint: they were in the vegetables aile at our supermarket, with the tofu and the precut veggies and the veggie juice drinks and all that stuff)
- Oil for frying
1. Cut the sticks in half or cut the block of cheese into 1/2-ounce sticks.
2. Mix 1/2 of each kind of bread crumb in a shallow bowl. Mix 1 egg with 1/4 cup or so of milk in a shallow bowl.
3. On a cutting board or other flat surface, lay out a wonton wrapper.
4. Place 1 piece of your mozzarella at one side edge of the wonton, and roll it around once. Fold in the sides, then roll the rest of the way.
5. Dip the wrapped cheese in egg mix, then breadcrumbs.
6. Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
7. Fry your wrapped cheese sticks for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Drain and serve.
Calories: We figured about 160 calories apiece.